About Us

Peninsula Veterinary Hospital was started by Dr Jim Brownlie in the late 1940’s. He was soon joined by Dr Dick Hyam, a class mate from Glasgow University. The partnership expanded to include Fish Hoek Veterinary Clinic run by Drs Clive Mc Donald and Tim Pritchett helping clients from all over the Peninsula.

In 1975 the practice moved from Plumstead to the cottage in Diep River, and then in 1979 they moved into the purpose built hospital.Drs Brownlie and Hyam retired in 1986, with Robert becoming a partner with Clive and Tim in 1987.

In Peninsula Vet and Fish Hoek Vet partnership split with Mark and Rob staying at Diep River.

In 2003 the waiting room was extended to allow more retail space and in 2013 we extended into the old cottage to allow space for the isolation ward, grooming parlour and the rehab unit.

Peninsula-Vet-Interior-and-products-and-reception Peninsula-Vet-Interior-Reception